Manager, Application Development Location MD - Baltimore Office Functional Area Technology Employment Status Regular
The Manager, Application Development- Clinical Solutions will be responsible for leading development projects, development teams and application support functions. The Clinical platforms are the central data enrichment point for client data at Press Ganey. This role will apply existing expertise from technical and project related skills to lead and develop a team of software developers within Clinical product suite. This person works with business partners, architects, developers, and others in the IT organization throughout the lifecycle to deliver quality, standards-compliant software specifications, and design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the Software Development lifecycle.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements and identify and resolve systems issues
- Meet regularly with direct reports to review project, performance, and personnel issues. Coach and develop direct reports and support them in the development of their respective teams where applicable.
- Manage resource allocation and monitoring productivity levels of development team members in support of business operations
- Candidates must have a strong background in Application Development and Production Support. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following work experiences:
- Must be able to lead a technical team of individuals to accomplish application development projects and tasks
- Must be able to incorporate the company’s long-term strategy into activities and projects
- Must possess strong presentation and communication skills for management and stakeholder interaction
- Must have experience developing and mentoring a team
- Strong understanding of business analysis and SDLC, including Agile methodologies
- Should have an understanding of data and systems
- Minimum years of experiencerequired. Over 10 years
- 7 - 10 years of progressive responsibilities within Application development IT functions, with a strong track record of work delivery and organizational leadership. Previous healthcare industry experience would be a major advantage.
- 5+ years of leading development efforts within IT
- 5+ years of experienceworking with application development methodologies (i.e. SDLC)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields. Or equivalent work experience