Does working in a dynamic academic health care system ignite your passion for improving health care? Do you believe data analysis and modelling is a team sport? If so, the Enterprise Analytics department at UW Health is the place for you.
We are seeking a Manager, Analytics Consulting – Planning:
- To lead a team performing complex data analysis, modeling and projections, with an emphasis on financial and market data- working with leaders across the enterprise in transforming data into critical insights, to help shape the organization’s planning agenda.
- To guide the development of valuable state of the art analytic tools, including interactive dashboards, reports, datamarts, and other business intelligence capabilities to inform business development and strategic planning activities.
- To coordinate the creation of new and innovative data resources, models and tools to enable the health system to understand the financial impacts of system planning initiatives.
- To lead and continuously develop a dynamic group of analytic consultants, growing their skills and competencies in leading edge areas of analytics.
- Ability to define, develop and leverage solutions to analyze huge quantities of data and glean understanding and insight.
- Passion to engage colleagues to drive analysis to action.
- Enthusiasm and experience in leading people to perform their best and continually grow.
- Ability to think critically, learn continuously and share ideas.
Minimum - Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Business, Health Administration, Engineering or related field
Preferred - Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Health Administration, Engineering or related field
Minimum - Five (5) years professional experience in analytics, and related applications with 2 years increasing leadership responsibilities in these areas
Preferred - Two (2) years leadership experience within healthcare analytics
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal relations skills promoting teamwork and collaborative alliances
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Demonstrated ability with project management techniques
- Ability to work effectively and independently manage tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze and solve complex issues and problems
- Ability to initiate and follow through on complex programs of both short and long-term duration
- Excellent skills and experience in 5 or more data/analytics competencies in domains including subject matter expertise, analytic methods and tools, business intelligence, data management, data architecture, analysis and critical thinking skills, data governance, analytics education / learning, ontology, and metadata.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.