PPD Laboratories offer the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our services are designed to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines, allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
As a member of PPD's GMP Laboratory Leadership team, you will use state-of-the-art technologies to support teams performing high-quality sample testing for key pharmaceutical clients across the industry. Your leadership and team will serves as an integral piece in helping PPD accomplish our goal of helping bring life-changing therapies to market.
Grow your career within the scientific arena as a leader, pursue project management, or develop into an SME. These are just a few career pathways available once you chose to Be with PPD.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Manager - Metrology, Analytical Instrumentation Service
The basic purpose is to ensure efficient and effective management of PPD resources. The objective is to supervise and assist group leaders and technicians in laboratory Maintenance for the Analytical Instrumentation department of PPD, with tasks such as scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues. To plan, direct and implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory. This position assists the division director in strategic planning, business development and expansion initiatives by providing mid range (1-3 month) resource utilization predictions for a department. Proven leadership experience from other positions at major pharmaceutical industry companies is considered a plus.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Chemistry or related science plus 10 or more years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech laboratory, preferably including experience in conducting or overseeing E/L studies OR
- M.S. in Chemistry or related science plus 8 or more years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech laboratory, preferably including experience in conducting or overseeing E/L studies OR
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related science plus at least 6 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech laboratory, preferably including experience in conducting or overseeing E/L studies
- Minimum 5 years management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or analytical contract laboratory industries. Management experience should include Analytical / QC and Metrology project and program management, direct supervision of technical staff, and direction of laboratory operations and implementation of process and system improvements
- Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full understanding of cGMP requirements, PPD & client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
- Full understanding and knowledge of Quality science and general chemistry, preferably including analytical Instrument troubleshooting and calibration and maintenance.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Effective technical writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in the pharmaceutical industry or contract laboratory environment
- Ability to implement quality systems and process improvements
- Ability to provide guidance to clients on analytical issues and regulatory requirements
- Biopharmaceutical as well as small molecule analytical experience is considered a plus
- Experience or familiarity with toxicological safety data review is considered a plus
- Strong understanding of chromatography systems is a plus
- Understanding of budgeting, revenue projections and other financial terms and definitions at it applies to the business
- Supervisory skills in resource allocation, hiring and recruiting and other related functions
- Leadership skills especially interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to cope with a dynamic work environment