Our research and advice is considered definitive, thought-provoking, event-driven and transformational by thousands of leading organizations worldwide. We have more than 1000 analysts intently focused on every conceivable aspect of information technology, and its business impact on vertical industries and functional roles in organizations. Because of our depth and geographic coverage, we have considerably more to offer to investors, technology decision-makers, technology business professionals and IT industry executives.
Gartner Research has a Center of Excellence for early-career analysts in Fort Myers, co-locating new emerging talent with a fantastic career path opportunity with Gartner. As the leader of this team, the ideal candidate will be experienced at developing new programs, recruiting talent and coaching new associates.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida (Ft. Myers), location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the Research Center of Excellence in our dedicated Fort Myers office.
- Lead a team of analysts in the Fort Myers Research Center of Excellence including motivating, developing and coaching individuals across the entire team. The team consists of analysts as a direct line of responsibility, and who have a dotted line reporting relationship with aligned content teams.
- Direct and oversee analysts' workload within and across broad topic area and ensure balanced workload that meets client expectations and Research's growth objectives.
- Partner closely with dotted line stakeholders across service & content team owners/leaders to ensure alignment and consistency across work portfolio.
- Manage performance, drive high performance culture and oversee and manage remuneration.
- Rapidly advance the analysts’ competencies and capabilities so that they are on-track to transition into aligned content teams within 2-4 years.
- Collaborate with Agenda Managers to ensure the team has a detailed research agenda in its assigned topic area.
- Contribute to Research long-term strategic objectives by providing input on growth opportunities within broad topic area.
- Drive, direct and ensure on-time and high-quality fulfillment of each relevant research product.
- Maintain the quality of all research output.
- Direct collaborative research inside the team and across other teams and business units.
- Promote strategic product ideas and represent global Research in group product strategy meetings.
- Direct and assign resources to effectively respond to requests for Client Engagement Days to be carried out by team members.
- Oversee budget to ensure expenses remain within or below budget.
- Contribute to achievement of Research strategic objectives by handling integrative/complex inquiries, presentations and published research.
- Ensure team follows Gartner processes.
- · 10 plus years’ experience working within technology field or relevant management experience.
- · 3 plus years’ experience directly managing individual contributors, or proven track record in coaching and mentoring.
- · Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- · Recognized expertise and solid knowledge in research market to lead relevant research coverage & grow business in topic area.
- · Polished skills in communication, leadership, planning, motivation and coaching.
- · Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- · Demonstrates high level of influence, negotiation & facilitation skills.
- · Collaboration and consensus building skills with a large diverse group of clients.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- · High intercultural awareness.
Job ID 00019906