The Global AML/ATF 2nd line of defense for Canadian Banking and Wealth serves as an escalation point for the business lines, as well as a facilitator for policy interpretations.
The Manager, Global AML, Canadian Banking/Wealth is responsible for assisting with the delivery of effective challenge by the 2nd line of defense for the businesses in Canadian Banking and Wealth (including International).
The role is critical in managing volumes of cases escalated to the 2nd line through quality assurance and accurate record keeping. While this is a Business-as-usual role, the Manager will be responsible for driving continuous improvement to departmental processes, while safeguarding quality and managing AML/ATF and Sanction risks.
The Manager works closely with the Enhanced Due Diligence Unit to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are achieved. In addition, the Manager is responsible for keeping departmental procedures up to date.
Manages work flow of escalations to 2nd line, ensuring SLAs are met, and recordkeeping is up to date, and providing regular status reporting.
Collaborates with partners in the review of business processes, resulting in recommendations for measurable improvements while leveraging reusable (process) components, structures and enterprise wide technologies that are effective and efficient and ensuring that risk is minimized by:
- Conducting needs analyses to implement effective procedures and/or improve/replace with a more efficient customer centric AML/ATF/Sanction processes and procedures that will ensure a positive customer experience
- Influencing change to policy that results in increased productivity with no increase to risk
- Enhancing the employee and customer experience while effectively managing AML/ATF/Sanction risk
Participates in the development of strategies and recommendations, including related process maps, business benefits and costs, implementation and training strategies and plans by:
- Participating in or coordinating the testing of internal procedures
- Collecting and analyzing data to prepare dashboards for Senior Management to provide a view of the efficacy of AML/ATF programs in the Business Lines, including trends
- Developing and contributing to implementation planning activities
- Supporting Senior Managers and directors in the preparation of opinions and assessments
- Providing consultation to Canadian Banking and Wealth
- Preparing and/or reviewing communication material, including presentation decks and training materials ensuring content is applicable to target audiences and aligns with overall program objectives
Initiates and manages projects working independently or within cross functional teams by:
- Collaborating on and developing proposals
- Establishing milestones and assessing work effort
- Working with a diverse working group, with varying expertise and job levels
- Ensuring all deliverables are completed within negotiated timeframes, and within established department guidelines and protocols, escalating as necessary
Manages personal development to ensure knowledge and skills related to AML/ATF and Business Process Design are continually enhanced by:
- Researching best practices and AML trends
- Taking courses designed around people, process and technology
- Building relationships with internal and external partners
- Develops strategic relationships by establishing, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholder departments across the enterprise
- Expert knowledge of Canadian Banking and Wealth business units functions, procedures, products, policies and how the various supporting units interact;
- A working knowledge of bank accounting and internal controls;
- Working knowledge of Process Mapping including use of related software and tools, e.g., Visio, Blueworks;
- Ability to research trends through existing departments in the Bank or external vendor partners;
- Thorough written and verbal skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with other Bank departments and external parties;
- Excellent time management skills in order to satisfy the needs of a large client group
- Thorough knowledge of related regulatory requirements including KYC, AML, Anti-Terrorist Financing Policies, Compliance Control & Operational Risk Self-Assessments legislation and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s interactive systems including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Undergraduatedegree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Law, Operations Management with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an AML/ATF operations and/or project management environment, within a matrix organization preferably in the Financial Services Industry.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
Requisition ID: 15140