Position at Gogo Commercial Aviation
The Manager, Project Engineering, Aircraft Technical Services is responsible for leading a team of Project Engineers performing technical project management in the Aircraft Technical Services (ATS) department. Typical projects include the installation and certification of Gogo products onboard commercial aircraft. The ATS Project Engineering department is responsible for managing and ensuring compliance with all technical requirements associated with the projects, leveraging internal and external company resources.
- Functional management of a team of Project Engineers and other team members for which manager is responsible for mentoring and developing.
- Ensure conformance to ATS Project Engineering processes.
- Oversee the development and tracking of ATS project activity using Microsoft Project Server.
- Create Statements of Work and interface with Procurement to support vendor selection for outsourced efforts.
- Provide oversight and technical management of work performed by suppliers in support of ATS projects.
- Collaborate with ATS Aircraft Engineering and ATS Certification to develop strategies for ATS projects while considering applicable constraints.
- Effectively communicate program status and escalate issues to key stakeholders.
- 8+ years of Management or Project Management experience in a technical environment.
- 5years of experience in commercial aviation certification projects.
- Engineeringdegree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Functional leadership experiencepreferred.
- Ability to manage a team executing multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Superior communication skills with all levels of employees, internal and external stakeholders, including ability to produce high quality presentations and written reports.
- Practical problem solving, strategic thinking, and strong organizational behavior.