In alignment with the principles of Lean and Agile development, the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) emphasizes the values of nearly autonomous, self-organizing, cross-functional teams and Agile Release Trains. This supports a leaner management infrastructure, with more empowered individuals/teams, and faster, local decision making. However, all employees still need someone to assist them with career development; setting and managing expectations and compensation; and providing the active coaching they need to advance their technical, functional, individual, and team skills and career goals.
The ideal Agile Resource Manager exhibits the principles and practices of Lean-Agile leadership. The manager has personal responsibility for the coaching and career development of a team of IT/Agile professionals. This includes taking responsibility for eliminating impediments and actively evolving the systems and environment in which their team members operate. They have final accountability for effective value delivery of their team members.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Personnel and Team Development:
a. Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals.
b. Build high-performance teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams.
c. Perform career counseling and personal development.
d. Listen and support teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision making.
e. Participate in defining and administering compensation, benefits, and promotions.
f. Eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development.
g. Invoke subtle influence in assignment of individuals to teams; address issues that teams cannot unblock; make personnel changes where necessary.
h. Evaluate performance, including team input; provide input, guidance, and corrective actions.
i. Serve as Agile coach and advisor to Agile Teams.
j. Remain close enough to the team to add value and to be a competent manager; stay far enough away to let them problem-solve on their own.
2. Program Execution
a. Assist the Release Train Engineer with PI Planning readiness and Pre and Post PI Planning activities
b. Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning, System Demo, and Solution Demo.
c. Protect teams from distractions and unrelated or unnecessary work.
d. Participate in Inspect & adapt workshops and remove impediments to allow teams to implement train-level improvements.
e. Build partnerships with suppliers, subcontractors, consultants, partners, and internal/external stakeholders.
a. Work with Release Train Engineer, System Architects, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment and effective execution of strategic themes.
b. Work with System Architects, Agile Business Partners, and Product Owners to establish clear content authority.
c. Continuously assist in aligning teams to the system mission and vision.
d. Help ensure the engagement of Business Owners, Shared Services, and other stakeholders.
a. Create an environment where the facts are always friendly.
b. Provide freedom and safety so individuals and teams are free to innovate, experiment, and even fail on occasion.
c. Communicate openly and honestly with all stakeholders.
d. Keep backlogs and information radiators fully visible to all.
e. Value productivity, quality, transparency, and openness over internal politics.
5. Built-in Quality
a. Understand, teach, or sponsor technical skills development in support of high-quality code, components, systems and solutions.
b. Foster Communities of Practice (CoPs).
c. Understand, support, and applyagilearchitecture.
d. Foster a business focused skillset and support team members in growing healthcare industry knowledge.
a. Manage assigned IT Service Management work queues and related team member assignments (e.g. incidents, service requests, etc.).
b. Review and approve production changes.
c. Ensure timely and accurate completion of administrative tasks by team members (e.g. time tracking).
d. Manage expenses within approved budget level.
e. Provide input and assist in the creation of roadmaps and IT strategies.
f. Serve as a key member/contributor on the IT Standards Committee.
g. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or other related field required plus applicable work experience.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience total in at least 2 of the following areas – Business Analysis, Application Development, Quality Assurance/Testing, Agile Delivery, or Project Management.
3. Minimum of five years of experience within IT directing the work of others as a formal or informal leader (e.g., Manager, Team Lead, PM, Tech Lead, etc.) during which time more than one of the following occurred:
a. Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
b. Demonstrated attention to quality and a continuous improvement mindset.
c. Demonstrated leadership of multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups.
d. Successfully developed and implemented new technology.
e. Demonstrated competency in project management and execution of multiple or large projects.
f. Successfully developed and implemented new work processes or process improvements.
4. Experience in managing an organization of 10+ employees (including contractors).
5. Knowledge of visual requirement techniques including but not limited to: conceptual data and process models, workflow diagrams, context diagrams, and/or user interface mock-ups.
6. Knowledge of various testing techniques including but not limited to: black box, white box, performance, integrated system testing, parallel testing, etc.
7. Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in their teams.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills, as evidenced by the ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees.
9. Professional demeanor, with the ability to model dedication and support for Company goals.
10. Ability to make decisions considering a wide variety of situations and conditions.
11. Promotes teamwork by building commitment and maintaining optimism.
12. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
13. Ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional setting.
14. Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and comfortable with change.
15. Experience implementing solutions and working with vendors
16. Experience functioning as a consultant to other Business and IT groups.
1. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus.
2. Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment with demonstrated competency of delivery against objectives.
3. Agile certification.
4. Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and CICD.
5. Health Care and/or Health Insurance industry knowledge.
6. Familiarity with VersionOne or a comparable enterprise agile platform.
7. Familiarity with CA Clarity or a comparable PMIS solution.
8. IIBA/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or comparable.
9. QAI/Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) or comparable.
10. PMI/Project Management Professional (PMP) or comparable.
11. Exposure to numerous waterfall/agile/iterative SDLC methods.
Essential Physical Functions:
1. Job tasks are primarily sedentary in nature.
2. Ability to perform fine motor skills while using the computer or writing. Computer use may occur for extended periods.
3. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.'