More than 63 years ago we introduced a medical device that launched an industry. Today we continue to set new standards for the design and manufacturing excellence of lifesaving tools for lifesaving teams in and out of the hospital.
We are the world leader in the development, manufacture, sale and service of external defibrillator/monitors and emergency medical response products and services.Today our products are designed to work together to give emergency caregivers, in the hospital or on the street, more control of a critical event. Our path is clear. Our goal is simple. To manufacture emergency response tools of the highest quality to help clinicians and emergency responders anywhere in the world, through the toughest kind of emergencies. We take our responsibilities seriously. When we say we work to help save lives, we mean it.
In this role, you will have responsibility for managing project managers & engineers tasked with the effective introduction of new products & technologies in line with divisional product portfolios. You will also have ultimate responsibility for project & stakeholder management, people management and technical assessment of all assigned projects. You will successfully lead the team to deliver key programs or projects per associated timelines, quality requirements within budgetary constraints.
- You will be responsible for project, stakeholder and people management including the technical assessment of all assigned projects and will successfully lead the team to deliver key programs or projects per associated quality, time and cost constraints.
- You will be an effective partner across all functions within divisional and GQO organizations to deliver associated new products in line with divisional pipelines, as well as represent the function at required business forums.
- You will develop a skills matrix in line with product road maps identifying the necessary training and coaching for team members to ensure that technical and team based skills are acquired, applied and maintained.
- You will prepare and deliver annual budgets (headcount, expense and capital) for final review and approval. and you will have approval authority for personnel requisitions and capital expenditure requests.
- You will provide direction to the team in complex or difficult situations, remove obstacles, assign appropriate resources and interface with other functions to assist with issue resolution.
- You will be responsible for the implementation, enforcement and compliance of all relevant quality, regulatory and safety standards.
- You will critically assess new product charters & financial plans to extrapolate key deliverables such as standard cost and launch requirements.
- You will identify, hire and manage contract SMEs to validate and release new process / equipment to production in line with Stryker systems & specifications.
- You will also partner withHR in identifying and acquiring top talent while developing and retaining talent within the team.
- You will establish priorities imparting a sense of urgency and importance to effectively deliver new products per quality, cost and time constraints.
If you have the following, we want to talk to you...!
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science or business discipline required
- 3+ years of leadership experience and/or substantial engineering support or project management experience in a team based environment is required.
- 8+ years’ highly applicable and relevant experience in a manufacturing environment also required.
- Experience in managing a new products or process team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills, proven ability to coach and mentor individuals in technical skills and people development areas. You should enjoy working in a dynamic and results driven team based environment where flexibility is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in new product introduction in a regulated environment.
- An analytical, logical and strategic thought process.
- Experience with GD&T, process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: Up to 25%