Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Manager, Adult Oncology Training & Development will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with Training & Development colleagues and Hematology/Oncology Business Unit Leadership to develop and execute the training strategy and tactics for our Adult Oncology Sales team. This individual will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Adult Oncology Training & Development.
- Exhibits exceptional degree of understanding of the clinical applications and benefits of our adult oncology portfolio. Viewed as an expert internally and in the field.
- Ability to travel, up to 40%, is expected for field activity, POA meetings, and conferences, training classes and meetings at Jazz Pharmaceuticals US offices (Palo Alto & Philadelphia) to facilitate training classes & attend department meetings
- Designs and implements annual Training & Development strategy, goals and objectives – aligned to Brand Strategy and identified Business Unit needs.
- Determines the most effective approaches to meet the product learning needs of the business including on-going business needs, reinforcement and sustainability training. Applies advanced instructional design principles and the adult learning model to enhance content delivery.
- Leverages and shares best practices from the past and new principles and concepts across all brands/products.
- Performs detailed needs assessments (gap analysis) in coordination with Sales Leadership, NA Training & Development, Marketing, and other NA Business Operations teams. This may include field rides as needed to understand and support the needs of the business.
- Translates business needs into clinical and sales training products/programs. Consistently enhances and updates the current training programs and products.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of sales training products and programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules, poster books, and other job aids and materials for distribution to sales training customers and program participants with minimal supervision and guidance, including routing all materials through the med/legal/regulatory review process.
- Facilitates Onboarding/Core, and Advanced training classes – highly skilled at both in-person and virtual group facilitation and group learning exercises.
- In collaboration with the Training & Development team’s Instructional Designer, designs and implements metrics to measure clinical training impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Proven ability to flex training initiatives base on metrics.
- With general direction, proactively identifies, effectively filters and distributes relevant educational resources (i.e. clinical papers) while remaining conscientious of legal and regulatory parameters.
- Often initiates collaboration with cross-functional partners (including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory, Medical and Compliance) to ensure consistency, avoid redundancy, and enhance training programs.
- Displays leadership within the organization and/or has a record of accomplishment of proven leadership.
- Serves as a consultant to Business Unit leadership in long range planning, brand planning, launches and other training programs and products.
- Successfully manages vendor projects and on-going vendor relationships.
- Successfully manages product budget, including forecasting future needs.
- Models compliance through all activities and interactions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 8+ years’ specialty pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, preferably successful sales performance or marketing experience
- Training or teaching related experience preferred; including knowledge of adult learning principles and experience with distance learning and learning management systems.
- Hematology/Oncology experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Jazz Pharmaceuticals product(s) and/or their application(s) in the respective disease state is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated consultative Selling Skills.
- Experience working with adult learning principles in the delivery of clinical and skill based programs.
- Business Acumen.
- Previous sales training experience preferred.
- Competence in following areas: Needs Assessment, Facilitation, Prioritization, Decision Making, Collaboration, Virtual Delivery, Planning & Organizing, Implementation/Follow-up, Written and Verbal Communication.
- Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During certain intervals, travel may be significant.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods.
- Constantly operating a laptop computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel