This Manager is responsible for leading The Hershey Company’s efforts in the growing area of Addressable Media (Programmatic) and Technology including overseeing programmatic media operations, managing ad tech partners and driving organizational capability and understanding of this emerging space.
This role requires intimate knowledge of Ad Tech with a focus on DMP’s and DSP’s. Partnering closely with cross-functional teams, this role will help facilitate working models/relationships with Hershey’s Media Agency and external Media/AdTech partners to accelerate the journey to best in class in data-driven marketing capability.
The role is responsible for
- contributing to planning, buying oversight, and optimization of US and Global programmatic media spend ensuring that it contributes to a strong ROI and works directly with Hershey Brand teams, Media Agency of Record and other cross functional internal and external teams in the development, execution and optimization of all digital media.
- developing measurement planning frameworks – in partnership with internal Analytics team – to track US and Global performance and share/scale best practices of data driven marketing efforts.
- evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of emerging media platforms. This person also must have deep knowledge of media practices within the category and among competitors.
- discovering, investigation, evaluating, creating POVs and recommendations for media technology across all platform and types.
- ensuring that all technology recommendations meet both HSY media specifications and well as integrates with relevant internal HSY IT systems.
The Addressable Media and Technology, Manager works closely with the US Brand teams, Integrated Marketing Communication, Knowledge & Insights, Finance, IT, Media and Creative Agencies and Ad Tech partners
The successful candidate will take a key leadership role within the organization and must have strong change leadership skills and be able guide media relationships to drive business results.
- Manage US and Global programmatic media buying, reporting and analysis.
- Lead all Global DMP initiatives and manage all inputs into the DMP
- Ensures that all digital media qualitative standards are met through optimization, partner selection and reporting for the US and Global regions.
- Lead all Advanced and Addressable media (OTT, SVOD, DCO,etc)
- Lead change management and organizational capability building both US and globally
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must be an expert in media planning across all media platforms-traditional and emerging
- Must be an expert in National and Local TV buying, programmatic media buying and digital media buying
- Must be analytical and able to form and clearly communicate media strategy recommendations based on their analysis
- Must understand the interworking of basic ad technology (ad serving, DSPs, automated trading, verification)
- Must be able to influence and lead change management
- Lifelong learner
- Consumer packaged goods experiencepreferred
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years’ total experience with minimum 1-yearexperience specifically in a role working in programmatic media/ ad tech. Working knowledge of media planning and buying and experience either working at or managing agencies required. Will consider candidates from client-side, agencies or ad tech platforms.