The Accommodations & Return to Work Program Manager will develop and implement Tesla’s Employee Accommodations & Return to Work programs. This position is based in Fremont, CA.
- Design comprehensive accommodation process to support safe and productive assignments and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Includes development of return to work program, process for evaluation of accommodation requests including modified / alterative work.
- Strategic role that will provide expertise, defined timeline/project plan, and metrics.
- Work with cross functional teams including Recruiting, HR Partners, Legal, Health & Safety, HR Systems, Benefits and Work Comp on program design, process flow and systems.
- Evaluate policies, processes, employee communications and vendors to determine gaps and areas for improvement and efficiencies. Work with related vendors to ensure end to end case management.
- Develop consistent approach for short or long-term accommodations based on restrictions and position essential functions for employees at work or returning to work for medical-based accommodations.
- Provide recommendations on long term strategy and organization structure related to leaves, work comp, accommodations.
- Develop training and education for managers and HR Partners on complicated aspects of return to work, interactive process, accommodations.
- Create standardized process to assess risk, resolve issues and serve as escalation point for complex issues including inability to accommodate.
- Ensure compliance related to recordkeeping, and state and federal requirements.
- Build out departmental reporting and analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired in Business or Human Resources Management, or closely related field
- 7-10 years of HRexperience with an emphasis on disability and accommodation management, return to work, including workers’ compensations, leave of absence, reasonable accommodation, return to work programs, complex project management
- Deep expertise as it relates to federal, state and local laws, statutes that govern leave and disability policies and practices, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and workers’ compensationlaws.
- Leadership, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills; must be able to drive for results and set priorities
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Experience successfully implementing programs across geographically distributed teams
- Experience with manufacturing / production workforce and high volume, complex case management.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas and in manufacturing environments
- Excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to travel to company sites as needed