The Ad Operations team's primary goal is to grow global revenue in partnership with both direct sales and programmatic direct teams. We work closely with teams throughout the organization (including sales, product, marketing, and pricing), providing ad operations expertise to drive consistent and scalable campaign execution. We strive for best-in-class operational excellence and take pride in our craft.
In this role, you will be a key manager of our dynamic and agile Ad Operations team. An inspirational leader and problem solver, you will contribute deep ad operations knowledge to multiple internal teams--providing guidance on a wide range of topics from efficient product creation to advanced trafficking strategies. In addition, you will be a strong advocate and leader for your team of direct reports.
- Day to day management of west coast campaign management team. Overseeing workload/performance within the team, assigning projects, and career growth/mentorship for direct reports.
- Represent the ad operations team on cross functional ad development meetings. Providing guidance for new projects and rolling out changes to the larger team.
- Oversee strategic relationships with key clients - attending regular meetings with sales, pricing, and marketing teams and maintain close communication on upcoming campaigns to ensure successful execution
- Working with sales teams and clients to understand technical challenges with campaigns and creatives and troubleshooting advanced issues
- Recruiting and training new hires
- Manage tent pole events (e.g. E3, Grammys, CBS Sports Fantasy Football). Includes working with cross functional teams to understand custom program requirements and roll it out to the team. Participate in regular meetings to ensure deliverables are met and campaigns are executed correctly
- Assisting with testing on new vendors/products and site redesigns
- Staying educated on key developments in the rapidly changing digital advertising ecosystem. Scoping and training on new developments and rolling them out to the team (e.g. Programmatic Direct, Augmented reality)
- Continually developing our new hire training and documentation with a focus on constant improvement and knowledge growth
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 3 years experience in online ad trafficking
- Prior people management experience
- Experience with Google Ad Manager (aka Doubleclick for Publishers, DFP)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems
- Knowledge of major industry 3rd party ad servers and verification vendors (DCM, Sizmek, Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, etc)
You might also have -
- Experience with Salesforce and OperativeOne order management system
- Familiarity with buy side platforms (e.g. DV360)