Responsible for executing and/or leading Controls team that supports management testing of controls, assessment of actuarial controls framework and works as an advisor to Actuarial lines of business and Modernization to support, develop and evolve the control framework.
- Leads and participates in activities of Controls Team to
- Perform management testing and walkthroughs of controls across Transamerica’s actuarial control framework
- Support/coordinate the update or development of actuarial control process maps and control matrices
- Support substantive comparison of assumption and other standing data used by actuarial models from period to period
- Engage in controls development and assessment consulting for actuarial models, actuarial processes and related reporting
- Develops and/or coordinates reporting of management testing results with Operation Risk Management and other interested/engaged constituents
- Participates in negotiation with various parties in determining the extent of control coverage
- Potential to periodically work with external vendors to supplement ongoing controls testing activities
- Engages or creates detailed scoping of activities
- Works with line-of-business management on controls assessment, evolution and reporting
- Requires a graduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, business, or related field with 6 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree and FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation plus 6 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus 9 years relevant work experience.