Are you passionate about health, happiness and helping others? So are we. We’re committed to helping our health plan Members live a happy and healthy lifestyle, and we believe that it starts here first, with our Associates.
At AvMed, we provide the tools and opportunities to enhance, expand, and support each Associate’s personal and professional growth. From tuition reimbursement to exercise classes in the office (do you like cardio kickboxing, or is yoga more your speed?). Embrace a better career with AvMed and join our team!
Position: Manager - Actuarial
Scope of position: This position is responsible for developing and implementing premium pricing methodologies for all AvMed products and business lines. This position oversees all of the financial, actuarial and competitor analysis activities necessary for the development of pricing strategies and tactical business decisions related to product pricing.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical Plans, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, and more…
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off Cash-In
- 401(k)plan with matching contributions, Tuition Assistance, Associate Discounts
- Ability to conduct analysis of premium rates and assist in the development of product pricing and premium rate filings to the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) for all product lines. Work with key Company personnel to obtain cross-functional input to implement AvMed’s product pricing strategy and tactics, consistent with Underwriting, Marketing and overall Company goals and objectives.
- Capacity to oversee and participate in the pricing of existing and new products, benefits, and group-specific benefit designs.
- Talent to provide routine reports and/or experience studies for the purposes of monitoring adequacy of pricing factors and assumptions.
- Proficiency to analyze product and segment performance, incorporating both historical observation and insight into prospective trends. Develop business plans containing forecasts of future financial performance.
- Ability to manage and perform monthly analysis identifying opportunities to reduce medical cost and utilization and provide recommendations to senior management. Research, evaluate and analyze medical care cost trends by region, market segment, product line and plan/metallic tier and conduct variance analysis with respect to utilization and unit costs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field from a four-year college or university is required.
- A Certification as an Associate of the Society of Actuaries is required.
- Active pursuit of Fellowship with the Society of Actuaries is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in data, statistical, actuarial, financial analysis and/or underwriting in the health insurance setting, and one yearexperience managing a team of actuaries.
At AvMed, you’ll find a family. Our Associates love us, so they don’t leave us. They love all the opportunities for advancement, the flexible work environment, the team activities, and some of them tell us, what they really love are all the office birthday cakes.
AvMed is located in a beautiful 162-acre park bordering the San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park. Gainesville is home to the University of Florida, which is one of the largest universities in the United States as well as Santa Fe College, a #1 community college. This city is highly recognized as a great place for families.
Requisition Number 16-1095