Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing systems engineering functions for the CMC and Internet Services, Systems Development Group. Plans new technology innovation and new features, support daily operations and facilitates team performance. Meets the systems engineering needs of future projects, directs activities to meet customer requirements, improves existing applications; and, implements new process efficiencies to reduce costs and enhance customer satisfaction. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Keeps abreast of the cable industry and upcoming projects to determine the means to implement changes in the existing network to accommodate technology/features/functionality.
- Analyzes complex business needs via interaction with the leadership team, internal operational managers and external customers.
- Examines new projects forecasts new staffing requirements, and reviews company goals to prepare asystemsengineering plan and budget.
- Creates systems engineering (SE) standards, tools, and processes by reviewing documentation and participating in SE organizations.
- Creates new technical solutions which enhance process efficiency, reduce cost and/or enhance customer and/or user satisfaction. Evaluates new and evolving technology for applicability and impact on operational goals.
- Develops processes and procedures designed to minimize the impact of system outages. Plans to meet and or exceed the requirements of production operations.
- Becomes the catalyst for inter-departmental communications as it relates to outage management.
- Identifies key new initiatives designed to improve the overall customer experience as it relates to network operations. Analyzes systems performance against customer requirements and directs corrective action.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience