Reporting to the Director of Mobile & Acquisition Marketing Analytics, you will be working closely with all the other leaders in the team, as well as teams across all Hotels.com functions such as Marketing, Finance, Data Science and Online Product. You will also collaborate with experts at our key marketing partners such as Google and Facebook, as well as leading and mentoring two highly skilled junior analysts.
This job is for you if you bring a rare blend of analytical excellence, strong business focus, and exceptional team leadership, and are seeking a challenging and exciting role within a dynamic, fast-paced and fun business.
What You’ll Do:
- Applying advanced analytical techniques to identify optimisation levers and influence marketing strategy
- Collaborating with our Marketing Data Science team to identify opportunities and embed machine learning techniques within our marketing activities
- Designing and evaluating tests to optimise incremental customer acquisition
- Understanding and proactively communicating factors affecting trading performance to stakeholders including Hotels.com leadership team
- Partnering with our Digital Analytics and Data Engineering teams to ensure robust and accurate data capture and continuous improvement of data available for both analytics and the wider business
- Developing and defining analytical vision, strategy and roadmap for the team, coordinating with leaders within the marketing team to ensure alignment with business goals
- Managing and developing a team of 2 analysts, prioritising their workload, providing mentorship and guidance, and ensuring the accuracy and relevance of the team’s deliverables
- Knowledge sharing through presentations at regional, channel and business wide events, as well as building relationships with analytics teams across EG sister brands
Who You Are:
- Proven experience of using R (or similar tools) to structure, transform and visualise big data
- Strong SQL skills are a requirement – hands on use of big data in large projects using Hadoop, Presto or Spark a bonus
- Experience leading or mentoring junior analysts
- Solid understanding of online marketing, preferably in a past or current role, with experience of Search Engine Marketing or other PPC style marketing partners a plus
- Experience within a large ecommerce environment beneficial
- 5+ years’ experience working in a role focused on analytics, statistical modelling, data science or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science or similar
- A relevant Master’s degree a plus
- Travel industry experience a plus.