Summary: The Manager of Accounts Receivable Shared Services will manage the Tempur Sealy U.S. accounts receivable function including management of customer agings, billing and credit and collections. This role will be responsible for understanding and documenting the processes, internal controls, accounting policies, and systems utilized by all U.S. legal entities. The evaluation, proposal, and implementation of an optimal U.S. accounts receivable function to achieve consistent and standardized processes, internal control framework, application of accounting policies, and utilization of systems will be the charge of this lead as well.
This role requires well developed skills in accounting, business analysis, and process improvement. The successful candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change; work effectively within cross-functional teams; will be highly resourceful; able to deliver strong results; have a passion for operational excellence and possess a strong set of communication and analytical skills. A change agent of processes and development of talent is critical to the success of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages accounts receivable function including management of customer agings, billing, and credit and collections.
- Responsible for the hiring, directing, training, and development of accounts receivable staff to ensure operational excellence is continually met. Plans, organizes, and monitors the use of resources required to provide cost effective/quality services within the financial, operational, and quality parameters assigned.
- Monitors, tracks, and redefines internal processes with a view to strive for "best in class" processes. Plans and implements necessary system/process changes used to increase efficiencies to meet company's operational and financial objectives.
- Ensures overall compliance with all Company policies and Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and making recommendations to improve the internal control structure as necessary.
- Directs the implementation, analysis, and evaluation of policies and procedures to drive efficiencies in cost and accuracy.
- Maintains strong, collaborative relationships with Sales Team, Customer Service, Order Management, Direct to Consumer Sales, and Controller Functions.
- Manages the team's activities to ensure the timely collection of monies due to the Company, proper cash receipts application, timely resolution of customer billing issues or disputes, and appropriate efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to accounts.
- Develops credit policies, recommends credit limits on customer accounts, and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Reviews the allowance for doubtful accounts calculation and assumptions and presents analysis on current customer payment trends that would affect accounting estimates.
- Leads the close reporting process for the accounts receivable areas including managing the preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations and communicating financial results to management.
- Supports other integration and system implementation efforts as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team environment; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Interpersonal Skills -- Communicates and coordinates effectively including cross functions and throughout all levels
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to company profitability
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Strong analytic and strategic problem-solving ability.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex and diverse information
- Written Communication -- Communicates clearly and with purpose
- Ethics - Keeps commitments
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Dependability - Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university; a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training; CPA and/or CMA preferred. MBA is a plus. Experience in a Shared Service Center is a plus.
Flexibility to travel up to 15% within the US is required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as product attachment rates, volume rebates, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.