The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the Accounts Payable department to ensure that vendor invoices, employee expenses and client rebates are paid on time. Identifies and aligns annual goals for the department and conducts respective reviews. Operates as a liaison with all departments, auditors, and compliance personnel. Assist, support and collaborate with senior accounting managers to ensure that company policies and procedure are followed within the department.
- Verifies new vendor information to assure proper W9 forms are filed. Verifies with IRS vendor information such as Fed Tax ID number.
- Runs A/P to GL integrity reports and completes weekly A/P Trade reconciliations.
- Records JE accruals for A/P expense during month-end.
- Prepare and educate personnel to improve their production capacity and work performance
- Selects and hires A/P employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Maintain account payable systems, analyze its effectiveness and recommends related improvements.
- Organize month-end closings within the team to ensure all payments requests are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct 15-minute weekly meetings to communicate and mentor team members.
- Serve as a main contact for JP Morgan bank reconciliations issues and between JD Edwards and ICT for A/P technical issues.
- Provides assistance during audit. Compiles all requested disbursements backup.
- Process, compiles and mails year-end 1099's misc income forms to vendors.
- Submits 1099's file to the Internal Revenue Service agency to ensure compliance to regulations.
- Administers staffing time in Ultipro to include daily work schedule, vacation and/or personal days off.
- Works efficiently in a multi-faceted and dynamic work environment.
- Must possess excellent customer service and project management experience.
- Effectively manages and uses time, delegating tasks and responsibilities, juggling competing priorities.
- Assumes responsibility and takes accountability.
- Demonstrates coaching skills, resolves issues and handles conflict properly.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance from an accredited university.
- Seven or more years of accounting experience. Three or more years of leadership experience.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Must have large ERP A/P system experience, as well as 1099 filing practice.
- Must have experience working in AS400 platform.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill