- Manage the workflow and operations of the department. Provide direction and guidance to staff. Review and evaluate work and prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- Oversee the travel & expense management policy and system application, enforcing policy compliance and performing reconciliations to ensure the completeness of data from the expense management system to the HR system. Oversight of corporate purchasing card program, ensuring compliance with policies and timeliness of expense reconciliation.
- Manage procurement activities including the issuing of purchase orders, manage receiving exceptions to ensure pricing variances are resolved timely.
- Manage outsourced payroll and payroll tax administration vendor performance, ensure proper and timely accounting of payroll transactions, accruals, and balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Responsible for integrity of vendor master data to ensure OFAC, IRS and other company required pre-screening is complete prior to supplier onboarding. Ensure regulatory reporting requirements are met (e.g., NAIC, LM-10, 1099-MISC).
- Oversee daily balancing of all data transfers into and out of source systems to ensure completeness of data.
- Administer software systems critical to department including Accounts Payable, the company intranet, and internal and external websites.
- Document and maintain department, processes, and procedures, monitor compliance to process and policy, act as liaison with risk and internal and external audit, prevent or address audit or risk findings.
- Participate in cross-functional project coordination and internal process compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Emphasis on collaboration with operational areas to ensure
- Lead department, projects, and initiatives, with an emphasis on lean concepts and process improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A combination of education and related experience
- Five to seven years of accounting experience with strong working knowledge of account reconciliations, accrual accounting, and/or payroll administration.
- Three to five years management experience or experience leading a team
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- CMA, MBA or CPA preferred
- Experience with business process re-engineering and continuous improvement, documenting workflows and procedures, and modifying workflows within software applications
- Deep technical knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft applications, database management, and system feeds.
- Experience managing insurance company claim payments and/or vendor payments.
- Five or more years of relevant experience with a mid-to-large-size organization.
- Six Sigma or other continuous improvement training and experience
- Database, query, reporting experience