Oversees the daily functions of the Accounts Payable Department by performing the following duties.
• Oversees accounts payable operations.
• Trains, schedules, assigns, and reviews work of staff.
• Analyzes major accounts and prepares monthly reconciliation of subsidiary accounts to general ledger.
• Develops and implements record keeping systems, forms, policies, and procedures related to billing, processing payments, and other accounts payable activities.
• Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies and suggests appropriate corrective procedures.
• Communicates and coordinates accounting policies, practices, and procedures with department and company managers and officials, vendors, reporting agencies, clients, customers, and the public.
• Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
• Manages assigned employees including staff selection and training; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work; conducting performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Occasional travel, including air travel and overnight stay(s) may be required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of six (6) years relevant Accounting or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of two (2) supervisory preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external personnel
• Posses ability to supervise and achieve work productivity through staff
• Ability to manage the disbursements function centrally for a large, high volume multi-location organization (over 1 Million transactions annually)
• Expertise related to Accounts Payable in an inventory-based business
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentage, to practical situations
• Ability to use tact and skill in dealing with other staff, management and vendors
• Ability to compose effective and efficient accounting reports
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
• Experience in managing EDI (Electronic Date Interchange) with suppliers