Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for an Accounting Manager with a positive attitude and highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams within the controllership organization, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, external reporting processes and internal controls. You are a demonstrated leader who excels in managing a team and can exceed goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company and have exposure across divisions and with leaders at Yext.
- Manage the team in leading aspects of the month-end close process and interfacing with auditors
- Reviewing journal entries and accounting treatment for key account areas
- Perform daily/weekly maintenance of account areas including payroll, equity, cash transactions etc.
- Ownership and responsibility of timely and accurate performance of monthly account reconciliations
- Identify and implement process improvements within the monthly close process
- Assist in the drafting of footnote disclosures, MD&A and accounting position memos related to new accounting pronouncements
- Assist in updating and maintaining company internal policy and procedures documentation and ensure compliance with such policies and procedures
- Own analytical financial statement review processes
- SOX ownership related to areas of responsibility
- CPA or equivalent
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 6+ years of total experience with 3 or more years of national or large regional public accounting firm experience
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience in a high growth organization
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Blackline
- International reporting a plus