The Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) team is seeking a highly motivated individual with a combination of systems, project and program management skills to assume a role within our Controller Systems team. This candidate will work in a dynamic organization in a role with both global and regional components and optimize the build of our financial systems and operational processes. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment.
This position reports to the Director or Senior Manager of Controller Systems. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in a cross functional role to ensure integration of business operation initiatives within Marketplace systems and processes. A key focus is to ensure transactions flow from the eBay Site through multiple systems (payments, billing, shipping, etc.) and are recorded in SAP general ledger and data warehouse timely and accurately. Gain understanding of and document/present complex system architecture and detailed end to end data flow between interconnected systems that are managed by different teams.
- Lead project management activities including concept development, requirements, user acceptance testing, data and reporting models, and production implementation from a process and operational standpoint.
- Lead multiple projects in multiple domains and provide product, project, operational and business overview to management in the form of meetings and presentations.
- Influence and drive change with cross functional teams and across the company to ensure comprehensive project coverage. Effectively navigate roadblocks, resolve conflict, manage risks, prioritize effectively, work to resolve issues timely, and drive decision making when escalations arise.
- Establish and execute the Managed Payments program management structure for the Finance organization or a regional organization.
- Lead within Finance or region to develop goals, targets, and effective progress reporting methods at the team and executive level.
- Collaborate with work stream leads and key stakeholders to develop and execute project plans to meet both short and long term goals.
- Be a dynamic, multi-tasker, supporting multiple work streams; you'll be the go to person for many critical areas across Managed Payments as plans are developed and executed.
Candidates for this position must have at least 8 – 10 years of relevant experience and a BS degree in IT, Business Administration, Accounting or closely related field. Past experiences must include project/program management, knowledge working with complex systems, operational accounting processes and systems, and reconciliation concepts. ERP experience required, SAP preferred. Public Accounting and/or Accounting management experience desirable. Industry experience at a global growth company is a plus, but not a requirement. Candidates must be self-starters with a solid work ethic, and possess the following:
- Ability to lead projects and programs across multiple domains with little direction from manager.
- Ability to manage various partners to ensure process and systems are designed and implemented in accordance with requirements of the Marketplaces Business Unit.
- Demonstrate a sense of problem awareness, an aptitude for critical and analytical thinking and problem solving, an ability to break down and improve systems and processes, and a vision for future needs.
- Strong finance and/or accounting functional expertise, business process knowledge.
- Effective communication skills – including capability to listen to the needs of others, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written form.
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process/systems improvements.
- Appreciation of eBay's cultural values and behaviors and the ability to work well within a team environment.