The applicant will be required to perform many processes relating to journalizing, reconciling, reporting and assessing/testing controls within the Global Operations Controllership team. The essential functions to be performed by the applicant include:
- Assists the Business Unit Controller with monthly close activities including account reconciliation, recording journal entries, and analytical review of financial information.
- Prepare and maintain schedules and desk procedures for accounting areas pertaining to areas assigned (e.g., fixed assets, prepaids, leases and HR accounting)
- Assist with documentation of new accounting policies and documentation of significant, non-routine transactions.
- Continually enhance and improve procedures to ensure accurate, timely accumulation of financial information.
- Assists Business Unit Controller and Corporate Controller in addressing requests that arise for compliance and audit functions (SOX, internal Audit, annual external audit, etc)
- Prepare and process or in some cases review journal entries on an ad hoc basis.
- Review the work performed by consultants and communicate the results to the Business Unit Controller.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or advanced degree in Accountingrequired and Big 4 experiencepreferred.
- Minimum of 5 + years’ experience at Big 4 public accounting firm and/or industry experience within an accounting team, with financial services industry preferred.
- Must be a team player with strong analytical, project management, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as possess the ability to think critically and efficiently on concurrent complex issues and pay consistent attention to detail in all matters.
- Individual should be familiar with all areas related to financialreporting as well as accounting principles, practices and procedures.
© 2018 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).
For more than 30 years, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB) and its subsidiaries have helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB Financial Group serves companies in technology-related, life science and healthcare, venture capital and private equity, and premium wine industries. Along with commercial, investment, international and private banking services provided by Silicon Valley Bank, the company offers funds management, business valuation services, broker-dealer transactions, asset management and private wealth management. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., SVB Financial Group operates in centers of innovation in the U.S. and around the world. Learn more at www.svb.com.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
- Mortgage Payment
- Corporate Governance
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act Disclosures