5 - 7 years
Posted 52 days ago
Reporting to the Controller, General Accounting, this position is responsible for the development and maintenance of accurate reimbursement information for the general ledger and financial statements. This information supports effective fiscal planning, reporting, attainment of strategic goals and objectives of the organization, and provides current financial statements of the Medical Center's performance. This position is responsible for performing third party reporting and analysis for Medicare, Medi-Cal and other government programs. This position will additionally have a reporting relationship to the Regional Reimbursement Director.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required.
2. CPA certificate or Master's Degree is required.
3. Six (6) years of accounting experience is required.
4. Three years of hospital/finance accounting experience pertaining to the reporting and analysis of net revenue/AR for hospital, ambulatory and physician revenues is required.
5. Ability in planning and implementing accounting systems, budget development, and information systems is required.
6. Strong problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of health care industry accounting practices are required.
7. Basic understanding of hospital financial operations demonstrated by the ability to recognize the impact of financial data on the business as a whole and on individual departments, and the ability to conceptualize solutions and explain them to non-financial managers is required.
8. Strong knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of Word is required. Knowledge of hospital-related computer systems is preferred.
9. Intermediate to expert knowledge in government programs with a minimum of three years of experience in Medicare/Medi-Cal cost report and OSHPD report preparation is required.
10. Familiarity with DSH, IME/GME, bad debt and HQAF provider tax planning, reporting and analysis is required.