Manager Accounting Policy and Reporting, Insurance Subsidiaries
Our client is a fast growing financial services company affiliated with the insurance industry and has engaged us for a search for a high profile role focusing on Accounting Policy and Reporting for their insurance segment
*Relocation assistance is available
The Reporting Policy Accounting Manager serves as the reinsurance department’s technical accounting expert. Provides timely analysis of significant new reinsurance accounting transactions and coordinates implementation of new reinsurance accounting transactions with Insurance Accounting Policy. Oversees development and maintenance of reinsurance accounting and reporting system. Ensures compliance with internal and external control procedures.
- Prepare technical accounting papers as needed for pending reinsurance transactions.
- Review and approval of risk transfer checklists for new treaties and amendments.
- Develop playbooks that outline GAAP and Stat accounting for new treaty actions.
- Ensures implementation of new reinsurance accounting is consistent with technical accounting conclusions.
- Oversight of reinsurance reporting and repository sub-system.
- Interaction and coordination with the lines of business, administrative and valuation areas to ensure reinsurance needs are being met as well as those of reinsurance customers.
- Process improvements, ongoing initiatives and projects to streamline team procedures and task deliverables.
- Implement accounting changes to comply with regulatory accounting changes or reinsurance policy changes.
- Lead various reinsurance or corporate initiatives as needed to improve overall performance and productivity.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors to ensure internal control compliance and also provide necessary support for transactions on a timely basis.
- Full people management responsibilities, including professional accountants performing daily work, reviews, training and guidance to staff as needed
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 8 or more yrs. experience in financial accounting and reporting, with at least 2years of leading people/projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Continually meet established deadlines.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to modify and develop procedures and policies to meet reporting needs/requirements.
- Strong leadership skills including ability and willingness to provide honest feedback
- Strong knowledge of STAT and GAAP accounting & reporting
- Completion of, or working towards CPA, MBA or CMA highly desired.
- Insurance industry experience
- Reinsurance accounting experience