Manager, Accounting Policy and Consultation
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Responsible for interpretation and implementation of newly-issued accounting standards and SEC rule-making releases and research on technical accounting issues.
• Assess the impact of anticipated or newly-issued accounting standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rule-making releases. Lead implementation efforts to ensure consistent interpretation and application of standards in a decentralized business environment. General Dynamics has 10 business units, each with its own accounting and reporting teams.
• Lead the process to implement the new leases accounting standard (ASC Topic 842).
• Coordinate with the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, for presentation and disclosure requirements of new accounting standards.
• Act as a company-wide technical accounting resource by researching and resolving complex, emerging accounting issues.
• Partner cross-functionally with internal customers to ensure proper accounting for complex transactions.
• Coordinate interaction with independent auditors to present accounting conclusions and obtain agreement.
• Assist in the preparation and filing of quarterly and annual SEC filings (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K) and securities registration statements as necessary (Forms S-3, S-4).
• Develop and maintain company-wide accounting policies, including regular updates of all accounting policies.
• Assess areas of accounting for consistency across the company.
• Prepare technical accounting updates appropriate for varying stakeholders.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
A Message from the Team:
• We pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence and willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve a great product. Every team member is a hard worker, but we know that we are strongest as a team. We support and trust each other, welcome open discussion and have an honest, transparent approach to communication. Our team is focused on growth and development. We challenge ourselves to identify ways to improve our processes and ensure the alignment of our priorities with those outside our team. We value hard work, but we also genuinely enjoy working with each other – work should be fun, too.
• The right candidate will be an individual who prioritizes outstanding performance and has an attitude of continuous improvement. This individual will have excellent time management and prioritization skills and the ability to work autonomously on a variety of projects. This individual will have excellent communication skills and the ability to connect and work well with individuals in different geographic locations and at varying levels of responsibility within the organization.
Education & Training Requirements:
• BA/BS degree in Accounting; CPA required.
• 8+ years of experience in public accounting and/or comparable relevant industry experience.
• Deep understanding and application of GAAP and SEC requirements, preferably in the government contracting industry.
• Must be proficient in researching accounting literature.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
• Must possess excellent attention to detail and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Demonstrated track record of excellent leadership and team skills required.
• Must be able to work with little direction and handle multiple tasks successfully and simultaneously.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills required.
• Must be able to travel on a periodic basis.
• Must be fully proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Oracle Hyperion consolidation software desirable.