Job Summary – The Accounting Manager is responsible for having detailed knowledge of the financial and accounting systems. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the supervision of the Staff Accountant’s performance of facility clearing account reconciliations as well as performs SSC accounting functions including reporting of SSC operations and support of allocations to the hospitals. The Accounting Manager will assist the CFO, Assistant CFO, and Controller in developing/compiling/analyzing statistical data, identifying trends, formulating conclusions and preparing complete and accurate financial and statistical reports.
Supervisor – Controller
Supervises – Staff Accountants, Junior Staff Accountants, and other assigned personnel
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Assists with the selection and training of department personnel
• Coordination of the resolution of outstanding items with the managers/supervisors of other SSC departments
• Assists in the preparation of the annual budget (if applicable)
• Assist with the monthly SSC closing procedures
• Respond to the requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit, Hospital management and other internal management
• Ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, has ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements.
Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.