The Manager of Accounting Operations position is responsible for the AR/AP operations of the company. This individual directs all Accounts Payable/Receivable functions and processes. The Manager of Accounting Operations manages the collection activities while ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers. Maintain accurate records and control reports. Oversee a staff of Accountants/Specialists/Clerks. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
- Organize records of bills, credit memos, debit memos and deposits
- Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies.
- Calculate sales tax and file sales tax return with state tax authorities.
- Manages all AP invoices and weekly check run and reconcile AP statements and postings in GL
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports
- Manage all activities in the accounts receivable and payable function.
- Responsible for AR and AP Month End Closing in Great Plains and Intaact
- Meet Corporate month-end close and reporting deadlines by preparing/reviewing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and performing general ledger review/research
- Recommends improvements to accounts payable/receivable processes.
- Ensure high-quality invoicing and collection procedures that comply with the law
- Support Accounts Receivable and Payable clerks on a daily basis and ensure all team members follow the accounting principles
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable & Payable team that align with the accounting department's goals and conduct the yearly performance reviews.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including the administering of all 1099's and W-9s for the company.
- Support financial, sales tax and other audits
- Assist with adhoc internal requests, reporting, analyses, internal control development and documentation, special projects, and process improvement
- Interact with clients and vendors as necessary to explain invoicing elements, and prepare adhoc requests
- Prepare management reports and analysis accurately, completely and timely. Weekly dashboard reporting on status of A/R and A/P, including optimizing our DSO and DPO
- Responsible for duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience as an Accounts Receivable / Payable Manager or Supervisor
- Hands on MS Dynamics GP, Intacct, and/or other major accounting system experience is highly preferable.
- Strong excel skills preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related area. CPA certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years' experience in AR / AP and Accounting functions within a large organization. Prior supervisory experience is a must.
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports
- Can work under a lot of time pressure to meet the monthly reporting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and team building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; able to communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing internally and externally.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and problem solve.
- Advanced MS Office skills: Excel, Word, Outlook.
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.