- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance by verifying the accuracy of methods and controls according to GAAP.
- Maintain SAP integrity and ensure the accuracy of transactions performed with the receiving and payment of goods in the accounting system.
- Facilitate month end closing processes: journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, systems interface, inter-company balancing, and allocations inventory control. Position ensures that clerks and technicians are performing their duties properly and efficiently.
- Prepare yearly budgets for manufacturing operations by gathering and preparing the documentation starting in July and finishing in December.
- Maintain standard cost for Commercial division by ensuring the accuracy of variances according to standard cost sheets.
- Oversee preparation of monthly variance analysis and reporting for mill management as well as upper management. Ensure that if variances are not trending appropriately, determining the problems or efficiencies that correlate to these variances. Also, making sure that the mill managers are aware of their variances to ensure that they are managing efficiently.
- Lead monthly variance review meetings with management. Lead meeting to present monthly variances to management in order for them to be sufficiently informed of financial data.
- Remain current on department operating processes and compliance guidelines, informs customers accordingly and ensure that processed transactions are compliant. Inform management of non-compliant or questionable issues. Work closely with management, team members and assigned business units to ensure the timely and accurate communication, implementation, and monitoring of regulatory, corporate and department compliance guidelines.
- Perform miscellaneous special projects as directed.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field required
A minimum of five years’ experience in the field is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations.
- Ability to work with a variety of complex abstract and concrete variables.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Access. Knowledge of Lotus notes, Content Mgt System and Comshare MPC Budget System.