Location:San Diego, CA Remote Location:# of openings:1 Department:Employment duration:Full time Exemption Status:ExemptRelocation Assistance:N/A Added to system:6/19/19 12:36 PMJob Code:817.190619.6195 Description
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Manager, Accounting oversees all accounting functions of the Company and its subsidiaries. This individual interacts with management on the process of budgets and variances. The successful candidate relies on knowledge of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
What You Get To Do:
- Recruits, trains, mentors and manages Accountants and retains the necessary resources to successfully perform the duties for the Accounting team and provides performance management
- Provides day-to-day management of department, including developing and administering policies, business processes and quality standards
- Prepares preliminary financial package and assists with preparation of the final monthly reporting package
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports including the annual 10-K and quarterly 10-Q's
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
- Reviews general ledger account reconciliations prepared by accountants and provides feedback on a monthly basis
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting
- Ensures that deliverables are on time, within budget, and meet the quality levels expected by the Company's internal and external customers
- Reviews financial statements with senior leaders and other personnel
- Researches and implements new accounting standards issued by the FASB or other governing authority if applicable
- Initiates attendance at job related seminars and keeps up-to-date with the industry's best practices