This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of the General Ledger (GL) MGSS Business Unit Supervisors and their direct reports to ensure the efficient, timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions for the Mattel Shared Service Solution.
In addition, the position is also responsible for global maintenance of the general ledger including the chart of accounts, cross validation rules, and mapping to and from other systems.
This position is also responsible to verify that GL transactions are handled in accordance with GAAP, Mattel Company policies, accounting industry guidelines as well as the MGSS Vision and the MGSS Mission Statement.
- Monthly financial closes. Working with the Business Units to make sure all journals have appropriate approval and backup prior to posting. Working closely with the teams supporting MGSS.
- Quarterly and year-end financial closes. Reviewing schedules and forms that are due throughout the year for accuracy. Working with internal and external auditors to get them the information they require.
- Working on special projects as required in the general ledger area (e.g. intercompany, company reorganizations, changes associated with other systems). Pursuing continuous process improvements including identifying and implementing those improvements.
- Hiring, training, and measuring the performance of GL staff in conjunction with Business Unit Supervisors.
Analytical abilities and are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information. You use logic and trusted expertise to derive a variety of scenarios and solutions. You can think critically to make clear, well-reasoned and rational decisions.
Accountability and can take personal ownership for delivering and exceeding commitments. You hold yourself to the highest standard for performance necessary to achieve results. You embody and foster a play to win and win to grow mindset, even on the toughest projects.
Communication skills to communicate clearly, concisely, and with impact. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm with a variety of audiences.
You promote a free flow of information throughout the organization.
Team Buiding skills to create and sustain an environment where the team can perform at their best. You lead with a builder mentality and are a team player who is magnetic, accessible.
Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow very precise and detailed processes.
The ability to work independently and as a team player with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the finance organization.
Experience, Education & Skills EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in General ledger, financial reporting, audit.
- Computer proficiency: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Microsoft SharePoint.
- Oracle Financials, HFM, Cognos reporting tools.
Requisition Number 180312