Manager, Accounting & Financial Reporting
The Company seeks a talented, self-driven and high-energy individual to serve as Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting for the Segment. The Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting provides strategic and tactical support within Accounting and Financial Reporting systems, in accordance with the organization's growth objectives and long-term planning. He/she will maintain and monitor compliance within the global accounting & control structure to ensure accuracy and integrity of the organization's financial reporting. This position will play a key role in integrating new acquisitions (as required), prioritizing critical risks and opportunities and ensuring efficient, consistent and sustainable procedures across the global business unit. This position will also support strategic and commercial initiatives and business decisions to help continue the high rate of growth and profitability the operations have demonstrated. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can focus on individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
· Designing effective business unit accounting procedures and standard work instructions, including testing for operating effectiveness.
· Implement improvements in accounting and financial reporting procedures to drive consistency and efficiency across the different businesses of the company.
· Analyzes data for deficiencies in processes, controls, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
· Support Finance Directors with business analysis by providing data and support for financial results to supportfinancial statement reviews and certifications.
· Lead financial statement review processes, including quarterly financial statement and controls reviews with business leaders.
· Develop and lead a process for the company on-site accounting and financial reporting reviews to help drive more efficient and streamlined processes.
· Work closely with Corporate Finance and Finance Director to ensure that there is adequate documentation, process flows and support for SOX/control compliance including any audit remediation actions.
· Provides financial and accounting guidance/support to the business and finance leaders to help drive business processes and results.
· Researches and interprets Accounting pronouncements ensuring the organization is in compliance with industry-related accounting practices.
· Maintains effective relationships with business leadership, communicates emerging best practices, provides accounting advice and training for managers throughout the organization.
· Responsible for the oversight of all Aerospace HQ & European Sales Force (ESF) accounting, financial reporting, controls, planning & forecasting.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in accounting with at least four years of accounting and managerial experience in a mid to large size, publicly held, manufacturing company (or division thereof). Experience at a 'Big 4' or 'Tier 2" accounting firm preferred.
· Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and working in a SOX environment is required.
· Strong knowledge and skills in financial reporting, planning, modeling, and metrics.
· Experience managing multi-site financial reporting and demonstrated history of increasing responsibilities in financial leadership roles.
· Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and lasting results. Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement is an advantage.
· Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization.
· BS degree in Accountingrequired.
CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.