Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in related field with minimum twelve (12) hours in accounting and five (5) years directly related experience with at least one (1) year in supervisory capacity.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of a department by overseeing one or more of the following functions Accounts Payable, Accounting Operations, AssetAccounting & Taxes, Cash Management, Facilities Finance, Fiscal Reports & Analysis, and Payroll.
- Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual performance improvement targets.
- Manages daily employee activities for one or more areas including determining specific work assignments; and monitoring individual staff productivity.
- Trains employees on policies and procedures related to financial and operational reporting, as well as computer system use. Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in accounting, payroll, tax, process improvement, and health care administration.
- Manages and recommends the implementation of policies and procedures for the group to ensure consistent established accounting policies and procedures.
- Evaluates various projects performed by staff to ensure priorities and appropriate procedures are being maintained.
- Assists in developing plans, priorities and work assignments to achieve department goals.
- Manages summaries of financial and operating information and analysis.
- Works closely with Leadership in communicating and assessing productivity and results.
- Provides written analyses and recommendations to the Leadership.
- Ensures accuracy and appropriateness of accounting policies and practices. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.