Reporting to the Director-Accounting, the primary purpose of the Manager –Accounting is to oversee all Accounting, Finance and Analysis functions for various Corporate Entities.
- Ensure journal entries are recorded to accurately reflect appropriate accrual basis accounting transactions for assigned business units in the correct period including accruals of expenses, accruals of revenue, amortization of prepaid expenses, etc.
- Ensure team assigned tasks are completed timely and completion is appropriately documented to enable financial close in accordance with GAAP.
- Monitor and review general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete monthly financial statement review(s) to ensure the accounting records are accurate and in compliance with GAAP and MGM Resorts accounting policy.
- Maintain all accounting records and practices to adhere to the MGM Resorts accounting policies and procedures across all assigned business units.
- Monitor and/or prepare business licenses, taxes, property taxes, contractual agreements and other regulatory reporting requirements to ensure they are completed and/or paid on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of ad-hoc requests including timely communication and responsiveness to requests.
- Assist in implementation, communication and enforcement of management directives, policies and procedures.
- Assist accountants in resolving issues or difficulties in performance of their work, knowing when issues should be escalated.
- Recommend new work procedures to Director and identifying potential improvements to work-flow involved in posting, summarizing, verifying, recording, balancing, reviewing and correcting transactions
- Manage, participate and provide support to accomplish projects for system implementations and/or processes related improvements for internally or externally initiated projects to ensure that requirements are met and/or work is efficiently enhanced.
- Assist in the selection and hiring process for accountants on the team and assist in the accountants annual review.
- Have advanced knowledge of team functions and ensure all team members are adequately trained to effectively and efficiently perform their assigned tasks.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years of specific accounting experience.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Working knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts financial systems (Infinium, AS400, Cognos BI, Cognos Finance, Blackline).
- Advance knowledge of Excel including conditional formatting, advanced calculations/functions.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.