As a Manager in Accounting Advisory on our fun, close-knit Audit Transformation team, you will apply principles of accounting in review and analysis of complex financial transactions for documentation in audit and non-audit engagements.
This is what your work entails:
- You will review documentation already prepared by field audit personnel for accuracy.
- Assist in responding to review comments and feedback, information discussion with Firm Personnel and clients regarding complex financial transactions.
- Continue learning by attending external training and assisting in development of internal training on relevant topics.
- Develop relationships with other experts within the firm and collaborating with various Firm delivery units such as Assurance Professional Practice, Methodology and Learning.
- You will gather, organize, analyze data and perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Prepare work papers to document results of procedures performed for both audit and external accounting advisory engagements.
- Develop standard procedures and trainings related to complex accounting transactions.
- Create interpretive guidance for complex accounting transactions for both audit and external accounting advisory engagements. We encourage you to be creative.
- Draft email communications to the audit practice regarding issues noted and trends with complex accounting advisory in conjunction with the Firm's Assurance Professional Practice.
- Stay on top of industry developments and publish external articles on complex accounting transactions. We encourage you to become an expert so that you can make a difference at our firm.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in internal and external speaking engagements on complex accounting matters.
- Your experience should include 5+ years of recent public accounting external audit and accounting advisory experience.
- This position requires CPA Certification.
- Your skills should include a strong understanding of accounting principles related to complex accounting transactions.
- Must be proficient in researching, analyzing, and documenting technical issues.
- Detailed understanding of auditing terminology with experience in audit engagements as a manger or higher a plus.
- Public speaking experience regarding accounting and auditing topics is a plus.
- We require advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- It is important that you are detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment is key.