Your accounting expertise can help our clients grow! We are currently seeking a Senior and/or Manager level Accountant to play a key role with the Bonadio Group’s Small Business Advisors team. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in an energetic client-service environment. Come join an organization that treats its people great! Public with a great WLB!
- Overall successful completion of client tax compliance engagements
- Develop understanding of client’s business and aspects of client’s industry.
- Prepare clear and concise working papers, tax returns and financial statements.
- Generate reports which identify and address areas of significant risk and evaluate overall effectiveness of operations.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assist with development and retention of clients, including the ability to cross-sell services.
- Focus on tax planning in an effort to minimize client tax and present ongoing tax savings opportunities to clients.
- Assist clients with special projects such as budgeting and cash flow projections, tax planning and sales tax.
- Prepare and review complex corporate, individual and partnership tax returns.
- Research complex tax issues and develop resolutions.
- Deliver projects/engagements on time, within budget and to client's satisfaction.
- Supervise and mentor staff inclusive of oversight on client engagements and providing evaluative feedback.
- Prepare complex client correspondence including recommendations, technical issues, and responses to taxing authorities.
- Minimal of Bachelors of Science in Accounting
- CPA certification at the Manager level
- 5+ years of relevant Small Business or Tax experience
- Recent experience working in public accounting
- Ability to provide mentoring and leadership to junior staff
- Ability to develop and sustain business relationships for the purpose of increasing the firms client base
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of Outlook
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Seek involvement in professional and community organizations
- Experience with ProSystems FX/Engagement software
- Prior bookkeeping experience inclusive of QuickBooks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills