$80K — $100K *
Hey there! We're Morning Brew- a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we're nice and have great swag. We are looking for a Manager, Account Management to join our team.
While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
It's our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we're building something special.
Want in? Read on.
The Manager, Account Management (FIN) will work across all advertising partners within the Finance pod at Morning Brew, overseeing brands ranging from crypto and alternative investments, to corporate finance and banking. As Manager, Account Management you will oversee the Finance Account Managers' day-to-day work, while also supporting and developing relationships with key clients and strategic accounts.
Here's what you'll be working on:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Account Management, the Manager, AM (FIN) will oversee the Finance Account Management strategy, supporting in the development of category-specific insights, uncovering category-specific needs, and identifying media trends to best support Morning Brew's finance partners. You will work hand-in-hand with the AD, respective AMs and Brand Partnerships (sales) to build and manage account development plans and quarterly business reviews for key clients, and also support in the activation of high-tier brand partnerships, including branded written, social, audio and video content, editorial sponsorships, newsletter media and virtual/ IRL events.
The Manager, AM offers a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally within the Revenue Org, as well as with other teams including Product, Growth/ Data, and Editorial and across Morning Brew's franchises including: Morning Brew daily, Sunday Edition, Emerging Tech Brew, Retail Brew, Marketing Brew, and Business Casual (and a few others to launch this year!).
What makes you qualified?
- 5+ years in a digital or integrated media environment (i.e. publisher or agency), with a background in media planning, client service or account management
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Experience working with Finance brands and strong understanding of their KPIs
- Strong problem solving skills and a solutions-oriented approach. Can effectively communicate performance issue/ concerns internally and externally
- Ability to lead pertinent client presentations (i.e. kick-off meetings, mid-campaign reports, and wrap reporting decks).
- Deep understanding of the digital media landscape, digital activations and execution, experience with custom/ branded content, social media, and audio. Events/ virtual activations experience a plus!
- Ability to use data to craft stories, make observations and draw conclusions. Utilize this performance data and insights to drive account strategy, upsell, drive incremental and renewal business.
- You are outgoing and personable to handle client and agency relationships.
- Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, Boostr, art19, Podsights, Sailthru experience a plus.
- Passion for and belief in Morning Brew, its mission and its franchises and products.
- A collaborative, competitive mindset. A passion for the "collaborative win": hitting/exceeding goals and achieving success with the person to your left and to your right.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret data to tell the best story to our advertising partners surrounding their campaign.
- No ego
What else are we looking for?
A person with some good 'ol values! We take that pretty serious here and want to make sure that whoever joins the Morning Brew team, believes in that too. If you had a cup of coffee with our employees, you would see that we are:
· Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
· Purposeful - We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
· Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives.
· Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we'd sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that's representative of our audience.
Valid through: 9/22/2021