CDM Smith is a multi-discipline engineering, architectural, and construction firm. Our firm is responsible for the design and construction of large-scale water and wastewater plant design, transit facilities, industrial facilities, office space design, facility planning and condition assessment work. See More
This position can be located out of our offices in Orlando, Dallas, Denver, Chicago, or Phoenix.
The Management Specialist will be responsible for set up and maintenance of CDM Smith Graphic standards, as well as maintaining AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Plant 3D. The Management Specialist participates in reviewing new software and technology needs in collaboration with the Applied Technologies and Business Technologies groups.
- Manage and revise CDM Smith Graphic Standards to ensure the firm is up to date with changing technologies and workflows. Ensures CDM Smith standards are implemented.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of Civil 3D. Creating and revising metric and imperial template files per release. Creating and manage piping and appurtenances, pressure and gravity piping systems. Building new components as required for specific projects. Creating and managing services cases with Autodesk for issues that can not be resolved.
- Responsible for setup and maintenances of Plant 3D. Creating and revising imperial template files as needed. Creating and managing piping and appurtenances/components. Building new components as required for specific projects. Creating and managing services cases with Autodesk for issues that can not be resolved.
- Create special blocks and components for Plant 3D and Civil 3D as needed using solids modeling operations.
- Setup and maintain Eagle Point Pinnacle Learning Series implementation for CDM Smith.
- Use Lumion and Camtasia extensively to create animations and tutorials for clients.
- Use Infraworks to combine design layout with Civil 3D data for site work and design visualization animations and analysis.
- Develop new workflows for Civil 3D, Plant 3D.
- Participate in weekly Autodesk discussions regarding existing and new tools and workflows that can potentially improve performance.
- Tutor and mentor AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Plant 3D users through live meeting and creating animation tutorials
Management Specialist 5
CDM Smith Employment Type
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Past experience supporting CAD and providing necessary customization and tools to allow BIM and CAD modelers be more efficient.
- Expert knowledge of Civil 3D and Plant 3D
- Dynamo experience
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location
Florida - Orlando
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required
Visa Sponsorship Available
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
Valid through: 3/31/2021