A top Management Consulting firm, which is part of a global organization, seeks an Anti-Money Laundering Managing Director for their Compliance and Regulatory Advisory division.
The Anti-Money Laundering Managing Director will act as a leader involved in the operational aspects of the firm and in helping the partners implement the client service strategy. You will help organizations proactively shape and implement their overall compliance risk strategy. As part of the compliance risk team within Risk Advisory Services, you will collaborate with other managing directors and partners to deliver client services. Specific to client interaction, you will work with chief compliance officers and regulatory affairs teams to fulfill the organization?s legal and regulatory obligations and improve their ability to prevent, detect, and respond to compliance violations and misconduct and foster a culture of integrity.
As an AML Managing Director, you will oversee engagement management, provide advisory and consultative services to financial institutions in addressing Know Your Customer (KYC), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets and Control (OFAC) and other compliance related matters.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Work closely with managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Lead as a subject matter expert internally and to clients in related risk management and compliance. Demonstrate understanding of leading practices in risk and compliance for banking and/or financial products and services. Capably applies strong finance, risk assessment and technology skills to develop solutions to regulatory challenges, including new and evolving requirements
- Build on client relationships through regulatory solutions offerings. Identifies and addresses client needs by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition. Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business partner.
- Design and implement business strategies or risk or compliance transformations for financial services institutions, financial holding companies and large complex banks. Manage and direct the execution of projects multiple projects and medium to large staff teams. Provides technical support to clients regarding fair lending, vendor risk management, and examination preparation. Develop and track engagement work plans, timelines, budgets, and resource allocations. Manage and minimize engagement risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation.
- Research, analyze, and understand current market place issues and emerging regulatory requirements and guidance. Participate in and speaks at industry conferences, seminars and associations. Stays abreast of currently regulations impacting clients. Develop and publish points of view on relevant hot topics. Attend training and maintains required certifications.
- Manage and minimize engagement risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business partner
- Identify and address client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating the value proposition
- 10+ years of examination experience or extensive knowledge with one or more of the following agencies (FRB, OCC, FDIC, FinCEN, or SIFMA) and/or ex-senior AML Officer from a nationally recognized institution
- 12+ years of relevant financial services experience
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. Advanced degree is a plus
- CAMS, CAMS-Audit, CRCM or ACFCS certified
- PMP preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills particularly in report and proposal writing and preparing presentations for clients
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work with and manage teams of diverse consultants on complex engagements
- Extensive experienceworking with and providing advice on KYC / AML and OFAC Sanctions programs
- Solid knowledge of 3 lines of defense
- Have substantial hands on experience working in and leading three or more of the following areas:
- Independent reviews
- AML and OFAC risk assessments
- Customer risk rating model development
- Transaction model and OFAC filter model risk assessments
- Process improvement initiatives (KYC, FIU)
- Policy & procedure development
- Alert clearing and investigations
- Enforcement actions remediation
- Vendor solutions in KYC, Transaction Monitoring, Case Management or OFAC
- Travel requirements up to 75%