Management Consulting Manager - Accenture Scientific Informatics Services - Location Negotiable
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture Scientific Informatics Services (ASIS) works with “best in breed” Laboratory Informatics software products to provide total solutions for our clients. ASIS is expert in planning, architecting, configuring, deploying, validating and supporting laboratory systems such as LIMS, ELN, LIS, SDMS, and CDS, among others. This domain where laboratory science intersects with information technology is our passion, and unlike some other companies providing similar services, it is our singular focus!
As an ASIS Manager you will be exposed to the technologies and processes that many leading US companies and government agencies utilize. We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
• Manage exceptional teams delivering complex informatics projects in support of our clients' scientific missions
• Engage in and expand ASIS’ partnerships with its key strategic accounts
• Developed trusted advisor relationships that grow partnerships with key strategic accounts
• Identify new opportunities for business and close new business in existing accounts
• Perform management consulting for clients on best practice and approach to large and complex laboratory informatics and scientific data management programs
• Monitor and control profitability for ASIS resources and expenses
• Manage projects to complete on time, on budget, and on scope with high quality and raving fan clients
• Act as a coach and mentor to ASIS teammates
• Audit project work to ensure quality and consistency
• Enhance internal and external organizational change management through application of best practices
• Interact with all levels of the client organization
- Basic qualifications
• 4 Year degree in an applicable field
• Ability to travel 50%
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience leading medium to large COTS system implementations
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing budgets and profitability
• Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Project
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects for different business stakeholders
• Expert understanding of computer and application architecture, technology and validation
• Experience developing strategies for process re-engineering, software selection, and project planning and execution
• Additional project management certifications (i.e. CSM, PgMP, etc.)
• Advanced degree in a related field
• 6-10 years of consulting experience
• PMP certification from PMI or equivalent certification or depth of experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superior consulting skills
• Superior negotiation skills
• Advanced leadership skills
• Proven track record delivering project scope on-time, on-budget and to the quality requirements set forth
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.