Management Consultant, Health & Human Services Practice
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Consultants are the second-tier position in PCG’s consulting career ladder (which includes Business Analysts, Consultants, Senior Consultants, Associate Managers, and Managers). They are expected to play a staff role in a wide range of work assignments that include the following:
- Performing project management duties across multiple projects and clients and working with various project teams.
- Providing daily client and project support either onsite or via phone/email.
- Conducing financial analysis and funding assessments for various clients including cost allocation plans, cost reports, and setting rates for public services.
- Learning PCG’s web-based technologies and leading clients through the customization process, implementation, training, and ongoing operational efforts.
- Leading proposal development teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal submissions.
- Managing project budgets and invoicing and reporting to management.
- Developing presentations for and attending conferences/seminars.
- Preparing and presenting written status reports, assessment documentation, and recommendation reports for clients.
- Conducting policy and other research.
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes.
- Gathering and analyzing a variety of data, including both financial and written policy/procedure information.
- Learning and performing tasks related to sales and marketing.
- Supervising interns and staff in project-based roles.
- Travel (approximately 50%) and work over 40 hours per week is required. This is a salaried position. This position will be located in our office in Raleigh, North Carolina.
• Strong independent and entrepreneurial work style
• Excellent time management, organizational, oral presentation, and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with and to management positions.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data.
• Ability to work both in a team situation and autonomously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including SharePoint.
• Commitment to life long learning.
• Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
• Previous experience in a fast-paced consulting environment.
• Software development and/or coding.
• Public Speaking.
• Sales and/or marketing experience or internships.
• Prior travel experience (domestic or abroad).
• Health and human services programs and/or Medicaid knowledge.
• Cost or government accounting.
• Prior supervisory and/or mentoring experience.
Required Education and Prior Experience:
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degreepreferred.
• 3 plus years of relevant work experience in the fields of health care, government, or the consulting field.