Granite City, IL
Industry: Agriculture & Natural Resources•
Less than 5 years
Posted 92 days ago
The Management Associate program is our entry level program for college graduates to help accelerate their professional development. Management Associates are provided between 12-24 months of training across multiple functional areas with work assignments designed to assist in both personal and skill-set development. The role may include rotational assignment(s) within the department. This program is designed to strengthen leadership capabilities to prepare the college graduate for advanced roles within our operations or in a number of disciplines that support our operations.
U. S. Steel has an opening for a Management Associate in our Plant Processes organization at our Granite City, IL facility. The Plant Processes role will provide exposure to plant operations application management and process control engineering responsibilities.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyzing steel manufacturing processes and applying appropriate technology solutions.
• Working with personnel from varied disciplines in a manufacturing environment toward continual improvement in production capabilities.
• Detailed designing of system specification including hardware and software requirements.
• Coding, testing and implementation of applications / systems and user training.
• Supporting the critical production systems in a timely fashion, troubleshooting problems and maximize operating efficiencies with minimal interruption.
• Coordinating both the design and development efforts utilizing project management skills.
• Monitoring the mechanical functions of the machinery that manufacture and produce steel products.
• Working with systems that monitor the environmental outcomes of steel production.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other computer-related degree.
• Must have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university at the time of hire
• Must have less than three years of professional work experience
• Minimum 3.0 Overall GPA
• Teamwork, Organization, Leadership, Project Management and Planning SQL databases
• Solid math background
• Electrical engineering knowledge, networking VMS and Windows based operating systems
• The ability to comprehend electrical drawings and schematics are desired skills as is the ability to use electrical and communications test equipment.
We are looking for motivated self-starters that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful undergraduate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement. In addition, a successful intern will have:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for your area of study
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• A willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
• The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Leadership and strong decision-making skills
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
Auto req ID