You’ve invested time and hard work to get where you are, and you want to work alongside people who’ve done the same and will motivate you to be better every day. You are looking to be challenged and grow professionally, and you need to be valued and recognized for your contributions.
If this is you, Sirius is for you. Sirius helps companies become more competitive by taking advantage of technology solutions across the data center and throughout the enterprise. We focus on best-of-breed IT solutions that are built on today's leading technologies, from the world's top technology innovators, and delivered by certified technology experts.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain enterprise data storage systems and solutions to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of virtualized and physical infrastructure in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements with customers regarding storage allocations, limitations, security, and availability.
• Communicates and enforces, through system procedures, data storage retention policies.
• Follows change control, incident response, and testing processes for modifications to storage devices and software.
• Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, responds to, and resolves issues with storage devices, storage access, and data retrieval.
• Researches and makes recommendations on storage products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Monitors, analyzes, and predicts trends for storage equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements to the IT storage team.
• Performs storage server/database transaction and security audits leading to identification and mitigation of security threats to enterprise data. Recommends and implements changes where necessary.
• Creates required reports in response to business user needs.
• Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
• At least three (3) years experience with SAN / NAS Storage solutions, to include one or more of the following
o EMC: VNX/VMAX/Isilon/XtremeIO,
o NetApp FAS/AFF (C-mode and 7-mode) and/or
o IBM DS5000, DS8000, SVC/v7000 (Storwize), FlashSystem, XIV
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated Network backup (Netbackup, TSM, Commvault, etc) skills
• Experience with FibreChannel SAN architecture/Design/Implementation
• Demonstrated architecture, implementation, and migration experience with EMC, NetApp and/or IBM storage arrays
• Experience with emerging technologies such as flash arrays and hybrid
• Experience with Cisco and Brocade SAN switches as it relates to a SAN
• Experience with hypervisors such as vSphere and/or Hyper-V
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
• Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Storage Based Replication technology (Global Mirror/SRDF/SnapMirror/RecoverPoint, etc.)
• Manufacturer certifications (IBM, NetApp, EMC, etc.)
• Storage subsystem implementation experience on EMC and NetApp arrays
• Unisphere, PowerPath, Solutions Enabler, Open Replicator / Migrator, AppSync and other EMC software experience
The position exists to provide remote technical support and lifecycle consulting solutions to our Managed Services customers. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work after hours.