What You’ll Do
The Operations Director (OD) will be a senior member of the Burwood Cloud Services (BCS) Leadership team, reporting directly to the President of BCS. The OD will have responsibility for delivering all contracted Operational Management Services; from client onboarding on through eventual offboarding. The OD will have direct reports including, but not limited to the Operations Manager and Service Delivery team. In conjunction with the Director of DevOps, the OD will have responsibility for coordinating & directing technical resources required for the day-to-day delivery of the Operational Management tools. The Operational Director will have direct responsibility for setting the strategic direction and execution of day-to-day operational work.
BCS has Operations Centers in both San Diego, CA and Normal, IL. In addition, there are multiple remote resources throughout the US. Through these avenues of support, the BCS team supports IT infrastructures including but not limited to network, collaboration & communications, firewall and perimeter security, servers, and storage; both on-premise and in the cloud.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop and coach a team of operations engineers and support staff, working in a 24 x 7 environment, across multiple offices and remote locations, focused on providing outstanding incident response and MTTR, with above and beyond customer service.
- As a member of the BCS Leadership Team, develop and report on KPIs, SLAs, and metric achievements, and engage in strategic/business planning
- Provide proactive leadership in the area of service quality improvement utilizing root cause analysis, corrective action plans, and continuous process improvement techniques
- Actively engage with the DevOps team on automation and tooling initiatives, reducing response time and MTTR through tooling and automation
- Lead the delivery and continuous improvement of the ITIL processes; Incident, Problem, Change and Request management; and all supporting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Staff management, including shift management, hiring, training, evaluation, promotion, and termination of technical and operational staff
- Work with customers, remotely and onsite, as necessary, to build rapport, engage in sales activities, handle escalations, or other reasons as necessary
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop and sell current and future managed services solutions
- Encourage and promote strong working relationships among staff to improve morale, productivity, and staff retention.
- Develop solid business relationships and establish credibility with senior IT and business executives within the BCS customer base, Burwood Leadership and across our vendor partners.
- In conjunction with your managers communicate goals, objectives, and customer expectations to BCS team and hold team members accountable for completing milestones and deliverables.
Who You Are
- You have experience in 24x7 IT Operations, including management, preferably within a MSP, Carrier Operations, or other large enterprise IT support center experience.
- You can build a strong, committed team culture, focused on collaboration and providing outstanding customer service.
- You have a proven track record of coaching, mentoring and developing individuals as technical resources and leaders.
- You have experience implementing tools to automate deployment, monitoring, and operations of infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience with the implementation of ITIL and experience working in Agile environments
- You have a proven track record of working with both Sales and Marketing to develop and drive adoption of solutions
- You possess excellent Project Management skills to oversee the implementation of large-scale projects.
- You have experience developing/implementing and supporting cloud strategies and services is desired
- You have excellent communications skills whether that be in-person, over-the-phone, e-mail, IM, etc.
- You’re willing to travel.
The Tech Stuff
- ITIL v3 Certification strongly desired
- ServiceNow or other enterprise service desk solutions certified
- Service Desk platforms, preferably ServiceNow, network and systems management tools such as SolarWinds, ScienceLogic, Netcool, etc., and specialty tools such as Netbrain, RISC, SCOM, etc.
- Technical certifications desired; Cisco, Microsoft, etc.