The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the stable operation of our customers’ computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. This position will also analyze and assist in resolving end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides networking technical support to Sirius’ managed service customers.
- Provides networking technical support to Sirius managed service’s network.
- Performs incident and problem management resolution.
- Performs network configuration changes to data networking equipment (for example - switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, etc.).
- Troubleshoots network routing issues.
- Performs lifecycle upgrades on managed networking equipment.
- Lays out detail plans on how to accomplish the above bullet points.
- Bachelor’s degree in some major in the Information Technology field, or equivalent work or military experience.
- At least five (3) years’ experience implementing and maintaining complex data networking solutions (LAN/WANs, Security, Wireless, Data Center Infrastructure, etc.).
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of various WAN technologies to include analog and digitalcircuits.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise level routing and switching technologies.
- Demonstrated network problem determination and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in at least one network technology (route/switch/security/etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to design workable solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco hardware, Firewall Hardware, Nexus Hardware, Multi-vendor Hardware and Microsoft programs.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of telephony principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One or more of the following Cisco certifications:
- CCNP (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Routing & Switching, Security, Service Provider, Wireless)
- CCNA (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Industrial, Routing & Switching, Wireless, Security, Service Provider, Voice)
- One or more of the following Security certifications:
- Checkpoint CCSA, CCSE
- Crossbeam experience
- Palo Alto PCNSE
- One or more of the following Automated DeliveryController(ADC) certifications:
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (F5-CA)
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCAN)