The Engineer III – Software (ServiceNow) is responsible for the administration, development, integration, documentation and technical support of the ServiceNow platform.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain applications on the ServiceNow platform to CDW standards and quality that provide business value.
- Work with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects as appropriate to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Develop high-level user stories, scenarios, and prototypes.
- Develop system test plans, ensure quality assurance standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Participate in Scrum activities with the rest of the application development team, including sprint planning, daily stand-ups and sprint reviews.
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24 X 7 support to critical systems and ensure availability objectives are met.
- Four years experience in ITSM application administration/development.
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrates sound working knowledge of ServiceNow’s core architecture and primary application modules such as Service Catalog, Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset and CMDB, Discovery, Knowledge, and Self-Service Portal.
- Contribute to the creation of custom reports and dashboards as well as generating KPIs and supporting metrics.
- Customization of the Application UI and workflow.
- Ongoing management of the ServiceNow environment, including platform version upgrades and application releases without business impact.
- Responsible for fulfilling all requests for platform assistance including end-user trouble inquiries, regular maintenance, enhancements and defect fixes
- Demonstrated understanding of an agile software development process.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of, project team members and stakeholders.
- Possess an understanding of the stages of the software development life cycle - Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and be resourceful in order to participate in the development process.
- 2+ years of experience with developing and administering a domain separated ServiceNow Instance.
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with third-party tools & systems (e.g., monitoring, ERP, ticketing applications).
- Delivering new services via the service portal.
- Experience shipping enterprise software in an agile development environment.
- Experience developing and using web services (REST or SOAP).
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with non-relational databases (Cassandra).
- Experience with version control software (Github, Git, , Gerrit, Subversion).
- Write functional requirements, develop test plans and address production issues.
- Experience with application testing processes and successful migration to the production environment.
- ServiceNow Application Developer Certification preferred.