A Managed Service Network Engineer is responsible for supporting customers on DSCI’s Hosted IT Services. A Managed Service Network Engineer should be proficient at small, medium and large business network design and implementation. He/She must be proficient at IP routing, layer 2 and layer 3 switching, firewall and circuit failover design and implementation and unified threat management design and implementation. A high proficiency in troubleshooting voice and data network issues is a must.
This position requires experience consulting directly with customers in network design in order to build LAN and WANnetworks to support systems and telephony solutions. It requires experience scoping projects to include time required to accomplish identified tasks to meet customer expectations and the proven ability to stay within those scoped times. Also required is experience implementing layer 2 and layer 3LANnetworks and extensive WANnetworks across multiple sites connected by MPLS, site to site VPN or Layer 2 fiber using OSPF, EIGRP, BGP or RIP routing. This position requires familiarity with implementing wireless networks and wireless controllers and implementation and support of failover firewalls and switching solutions. Critical for this position is the ability to consult and work with a customer to craft the environment that they are looking for, scope potential solutions and then execute the proposed scope.
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Managed Services Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide consulting support for client environments to include technology planning, business continuity recommendations and new network and VOIP hardware and software implementations
• Provide support for DSCI Broadband, Network, VOIP, and Hosted Cloud Solutions and monitoring systems
• Provide planning, design, and deployment of cloud platforms and UTM offerings.
• Planning, designing, implementing and supporting clients LAN/WAN, Security and VOIP platforms
• Manage assigned tickets to drive resolution and customer satisfaction
• Participate in managed services support, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades
• Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs
• Design, build, or operate equipment configurations, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operating systems
• Position is responsible for escalation from the Managed Services Support Team
• Position assists the Managed Services Support Team as needed or directed by MSE management
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years IT/Network/Telco work experience
• Customer Service Experience and positive attitude
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of local and wide area network concepts, IP routing protocols and topologies, switching technologies, VLANs, packet-level performance analysis and application troubleshooting, Wireshark, Cisco routers and switches, DHCP, DNS, and VPN, Microsoft AD, Email, Web, Virtualization, Microsoft Visio, Excel, and Word
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Ability to work independently