Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to leverage proven methodologies, tools, and techniques to facilitate all required analysis for Managed Services projects that ultimately deliver solutions to internal and external business customers. This position is responsible for collaborating with all project stakeholders to document existing processes, determine root cause for business problems, capture business and functional requirements, and help business and technical staff to create and deliver solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for input into application activities.
- Provide guidance and strategic alignment of business processes to ServiceNow applications
- Interact with subject matter experts, application development, implementation support and production support staff to define functional specifications that meet user requirements and are technically appropriate
- Create and write stories based on analysis of business requirements
- Test and validate that stories were developed to business requirements
- Assist in analysis and reporting of testing defects
- Provide implementation and post implementation support
- Coordinate and report on project progress and accomplishments
- Write knowledge articles and documentation that describes features and functionality for technical and business users
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
- At least five (5) years Business Analysis, IT Operations, and/or Process Analysis and Design work experience.
- At least three (3) years experience working with ServiceNow
Other Position Requirements -
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- 2+ years' experience in IT process management/re-engineering initiatives
- Experience in workflow analysis, design, and process re-engineering principles
- Experience writing and editing process documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard IT processes and frameworks, such as ITIL, SDLC, COBIT, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of SCRUM and Agile implementation methods
- Demonstrated understanding of IT concepts (Like Files/interfaces, structures, reports, UI, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of Verification & Validation Techniques (Testing & Reviews)
- Experience with various Analysis Techniques, such as the following: Competitive & Benchmarking Analysis, Stakeholder Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, SWOT Analysis, SIPOC etc.
- Experience with Requirements Development (Elicitation Analysis, Documentation)
- Experience with Requirements Management (Version Control, Traceability, Change Management)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use both creativity and analytical skills in determining solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to work both with others and independently to drive results, often working under minimal supervision