Develops and executes the delivery of sales strategies for Managed Care clients who are financially responsible for HMO members laboratory services (including Individual Practice Associations, Medical Groups, Health Plans, and staff models) in accordance with their contractual agreements, and which will further Quest Diagnostics objectives towards profitable growth.
Works collaboratively with operations and account analysts to maximize effectiveness of contractual agreement (Quality), to analyze profitability (Grow Profitably), and build customer relationships
- Work closely with our managed care clients and Quest Diagnostics staff by servicing the client and ensuring that Quest Diagnostics is in compliance with the terms of the contract with the client and also by identifying opportunities to grow the business profitably.
- Develop and execute cross functional and cross segment strategies which are in line with overall company objectives to grow the business that we receive from our Managed Care customers, and that are aligned with overall business objectives and the ROADMAP.
- Develop and manage relationships with scheduled quarterly meetings with Managed Care clients.
- Perform financial analysis on Managed Care clients. Renegotiate the contracts of the Managed Care clients to improve the profitability of the contract and to grow the business profitably.
- Monitor and ensure customer satisfaction with on-going service provided; Develop implementation plans for securing contracts by coordinating the efforts of key players.
- Establish routine client visitation schedule to meet with all facilities key players and follow up activity to meet client's expectations. One service representative has been requested and agreed upon in the contract.
- Document visits in TES. Keep a current hard copy file with any important communications regarding the contractual agreement laid out in the contract.
- Represent Quest Diagnostics at all healthcare events as requested by Managed Care Clients.
- Ensure compliance with all company policy and government regulations.
Work Experience & Education:
- At least 5 years’ experience in clinical laboratory business or either direct sales or business development in a healthcare environment.
- BA or BS degree
- Proven ability to develop relationships with executive level personnel resulting in successful closure of sale(s)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all employees
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven selling and negotiation skills
- Able to demonstrate solid communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong service acumen