As a Major Sales Representative you are the central point of customer contact for a set of major accounts; building relationships, delighting customers, advising the market, and leading a pivotal role in expanding our Majors customer base! This is a hybrid (inside and outside) sales position that reports to the Regional Vice President of Inside Sales and will be based in our Plano, TX office.
- Achieve sales quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Hunt for and sell to new clients and accounts.
- Independently run sales campaign’s, product demo’s and POC’s
- Analyze need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT influencers and senior decision makers within territory
- Build, maintain, and execute on Account plans and strategies.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Team and collaborate effectively with District, Account, and Company peers.
- Identify and resolve issues that impede the business relationship between Palo Alto Networks and the customer to ensure business continuity by resolving issues that impact the business
- Qualify and follow up on sales leads
- Maintain records of customers called and update Salesforce.com daily
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive position of the company
- Travel to customers and partners required up to 25 percent of working time
- Proven track record in exceeding sales quotas and targets
- Able to exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Preferred candidates with 6+ years sales experience in the IT industry
- Is abreast of industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Is passionate about their work/ Is achievement oriented
- Interacts effectively with others
- Demonstrates a professional phone manner and conduct
- Maintain focus on daily schedule and objectives and effectively set priorities
- Understands the sales cycle in conjunction with business process externally and internally e.g. sign-offs require relationships at all levels